4th International Conference on Drug Discovery, Development and Lead Optimization (Drug Discovery-2018) organized by United Scientific Group, LLC (USG); will bring together multidisciplinary scientist and innovators from industry and academia from all over the world. The conference will be held in San Francisco, California from December 3-5, 2018 at DoubleTree by Hilton San Francisco International Airport Hotel.
Continuing the success of previous editions at Baltimore, MD during November 2-4, 2015 (CSDD-2015), Dundee, Scotland, UK during July 27-29, 2016 (CSDD-2016) and at Reston, VA during November 9-11, 2017 (CSDD-2017), USG takes pride in announcing the 4th edition of the Drug Discovery conference at San Francisco (Drug Discovery-2018).
“We are thrilled to host Ferid Murad (Noble Laureate in Physiology and Medicine 1998), Wendy Cornell (Manager Drug Discovery Technologies (YKT), IBM – Healthcare and Life Sciences Research), Troels Koch (VP & Head of Research, RNA Therapeutics, Roche Innovation Center Copenhagen), Philip S. Low (Presidential Scholar for Drug Discovery) and other inspiring leaders in the field of drug development at this year’s Conference,” said Conference Chairman, Harold C. Smith, Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, USA. He is the Fellow of the Royal Society of Biology and Founder and CEO, OyaGen, Inc., Rochester, USA.
Drug Discovery-2018 includes 4 timely symposiums featuring prominent pharma, biotech thought and academic leaders. These symposiums will provide attendees with expert perspectives on the state of the pharma and biotech industries including the hottest therapeutic areas and the latest drug development models and validation procedures.
Four symposiums include:
- Symposium on: “Accelerating Drug Discovery and Development through Academic Collaborations” – chaired by Thomas D.Y. Chung, Director, Translational Programs Outreach, Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, CA, USA.
- Symposium on: “Target Validation and Lead Optimization” – chaired by Ryan Bennett, Chief Scientific Officer of OyaGen, Inc., Rochester NY, US USA and Christine Brideau, Vice President of the Research Service Division, WuXi AppTec, Painsboro, NJ USA
- Symposium on: “RNA as a Drug, Drug Target and Gene Editing Tool in Target Validation” – chaired by Troels Koch, VP & Head of Research, RNA Therapeutics, Roche Pharma Preclinical Research and Early Development, Roche Innovation Center Copenhagen, Denmark to discuss on RNA-dependent mechanisms in drug development.
- Symposium on: “Drug Target Discovery in Rare Diseases” –chaired by Wendy Cornell, Manager Drug Discovery Technologies (YKT), Global Lead Drug Discovery, IBM – Healthcare and Life Sciences Research and Paul Trippier, School of Pharmacy, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, TX USA.
For information on Symposium sessions PS: https://unitedscientificgroup.com/conferences/drug-discovery/symposia
Keynote speakers at this year’s Conference will bring forward-thinking, actionable and inspirational stories to the keynote stage on a wide variety of industry-relevant topics including drug development, drug targeting, artificial intelligence, target validation and preclinical lead development.
Plenary and keynote presentations from top leaders include:
- Ferid Murad, MD., Noble Laureate in Physiology and Medicine, George Washington University, Washington DC., USA will deliver a plenary talk on “Discovery of Nitric Oxide and Cyclic GMP in Cell Signaling and Their Role in Drug Discovery and Development”.
- Philip S. Low, Presidential Scholar for Drug Discovery, Purdue University, USA will deliver a keynote address on “Sensitive Control of CAR T Cell Properties with Low Molecular Weight Drugs”.
- Troels Koch, VP & Head of Research, RNA Therapeutics, Roche Pharma Preclinical Research and Early Development, Roche Innovation Center Copenhagen, Denmark will address the gathering on “New Drug Discovery Concepts for Locked Nucleic Acid (LNA) Therapeutics”.
- Wendy Cornell, Manager Drug Discovery Technologies (YKT), Global Lead Drug Discovery, IBM – Healthcare and Life Sciences Research deliver a keynote talk on “Artificial Intelligence in Drug Target Identification and Drug Discovery”.
Our expert speakers are a mix of executives and leaders at the top of their field, technologists, scientists, academicians and researchers.
- Thomas D.Y. Chung, Director, Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, CA, USA
- Michelle Arkin, Co-director, Small Molecule Discovery Center (SMDC), San Francisco, CA, USA
- Thomas Webster, Northeastern University, MA, USA
- Jadwiga Bienkowska, Sr. Director, Head of Computational Biology, Oncology Translational Research, Pfizer, ORD, San Diego, CA, USA
- Christine Brideau, Vice President, In Vitro Biology, Research Service Division (RSD), WuXi AppTec, NJ, USA
- Elliott Nickbarg, Principal Scientist, Pharmacology Department, Merck Research Laboratories, Boston, MA, USA
- Juergen Lademann, Professor of Dermatology, Head – CCP, Berlin, Germany
- Adam R. Renslo, Director of Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Anuradha Roy, Director, High Throughput Screening Laboratory, University of Kansas, KS, USA
- Harris Andrew Gelbard, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentisty, NY, USA and many more…
For information on Drug Discovery-2018 conference and more speakers’ lineup, PS: https://unitedscientificgroup.com/conferences/drug-discovery/speakers
For more information about conference registration, see the registration page at: https://unitedscientificgroup.com/conferences/drug-discovery/registration_form
United Scientific Group (USG), an expert-driven initiative led by the editor’s association and the advisory board which includes academicians, researchers, and industry leaders across various fields of research. USG provides broad range of services in the fields of science and technology including publishing, conducting world class scientific events, and holding highly interactive and proficient world forums. For more information, PS: http://unitedscientificgroup.com/