The third edition of United Scientific Group Editors Association meeting was successfully concluded on July 07, 2017, San Francisco, CA, USA.
Meeting attendees: Prof. Kenneth Blum, Prof. Rajendra Badgaiyan, MD, Prof. Jin Jun Luo, MD, PhD, Prof. Ahmed Salehi, PhD, Sudhakar Yakkanti, PhD, and Venkata RRK Dasari, PhD
The discussion points and the resolutions taken are as under:
- A dedicated digital preservation tool (viz. CLOCKSS, LOCKSS or PORTICO) for all manuscripts published by United Scientific Group Journals.
- Handling publishing ethics allegations, plagiarism and duplicate submissions.
- Promoting USG publication services namely CrossCheck, EM System, PORTICO, free article reprints among journal authors, reviewers and editors.
- Including Table of Contents for every issue of the journal.
- Collaboration with societies for publication of the meeting reports.
- Confirmation of the journal newsletters by respective Editor-in-Chief.
- Special issues, follow-up research articles, mini-review and review article solicitations.
- Indexing, networking and sharing of published papers/research.
All the resolutions put forward by the members were adopted, in particular:
- We are working with a E-journal digital preservation service organization PORTICO to provide our authors with another way of ensuring the longevity of articles we publish. Under this arrangement, our published papers will be available online and open access even if USG journals were to cease operations or any catastrophic failure.
- An agreement has been made with Turnitin, LLC for using iThenticate (CrossCheck) service.
- New websites with aesthetic design allowing visitors to quickly find what they are looking for.